A bonsai can never be a finished work of art…because it will always be a living piece of nature, continuing to live and grow.

The object is not to make the tree look like a bonsai, but to make the bonsai look like a tree.’

John Naka – American Bonsai Master

With those wonderful words from John Naka (August 16, 1914 – May 19, 2004) I’d like to welcome you to Bonsai-Passion.

What started as an idea to start putting finger to keyboard in my early retirement has become a self-absorbing endeavour that somehow I doubt I will ever finish … and in all honesty I hope I don’t. The site is being worked on most days right now and one area I am hitting quite hard are case histories. As time goes on I shall have many more for you to see.


I have to say it has been, and will ultimately continue to be a huge pleasure creating Bonsai-Passion; I hope that you will find something of interest specific to your own needs and requirements.

I have now reduced the size of the initial ‘Home’ page to help with slow connections etc, this was something I had been requested to do several times as it seemed it was taking forever to load on those slower connections. Over time I will reduce the size of the pictures – or offer thumbnails to permit the site to run that bit faster still. (When I work out how)

The term bonsai (literally ‘tree in a pot’) is of Japanese origin and refers to a specific type of art form that grew out of Japanese culture and has been transplanted in various forms around the world.

Bonsai though, as we know it today, originated from China, where it was referred to as Penjing, it was introduced to Japan, possibly during the Heian period – 782-1185 AD.

This is a summer 2010 picture of my own outdoor Bonsai Display area. Many changes are planned for 2011 including a water feature. There will be updated information later in this same year. Here now in 2012 I never did get around to making a water feature; hope is I can actually move from here to my final home. I’ve actually now moved from the original display house that I constructed. Images to come under a new section on the links bar.

Vision without action is a daydream, Action without vision is a nightmare.

Japanese Proverb – author unknown.


The symbols above are representation characters for ‘Bon and Sai’

The Bonsai kanji is therefore reasonably well known as representing tray(bon-) planting(sai).

This third alphabet – kanji, was imported over the centuries from China. The pictograms are typically (much) more complex than kana – and furthermore have different readings and meanings depending on how they’re combined with other kanji. They represent ideas or words rather than syllables, although of course hiragana or katakana could be used to spell out the pronunciation.

If you liked this article, subscribe to the feed by clicking the image below to keep informed about new contents of the blog:

Other Similar Posts That Could Interest You By Fausto Baccino

Do you ever wonder what happens when your readers reach the end of your posts? What do they click on? Where do they go next? What if you’ve piqued a reader’s interest and left them wanting more, but don’t give them the option to do so? Now, we’ll search your site for similar posts you’ve written and display a “Related” section at the end of every post, like this:
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 commenti :

Post a Comment